Application Forms


License Requirements

  • A license is required (see Rules and Statutes) from the DEQ for the disposal of solid waste and for the operation of a solid waste management system.
  • Solid waste" means all putrescible and nonputrescible wastes, including but not limited to garbage, rubbish, refuse, ashes, sludge from sewage treatment plants, water supply treatment plants or air pollution control facilities; construction and demolition wastes; dead animals; discarded home and industrial appliances; and wood products or byproducts and inert materials. Solid waste does not mean municipal sewage, industrial wastewater effluents, mining wastes, slash and forest debris regulated by the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, or marketable wood byproducts.
  • The on-site disposal of solid wastes from a person's household or farm and certain categories of on-site industrial waste disposal operations are excluded from this licensing requirement.