Waste Water Project Funding
The Water Pollution Control State Revolving Fund (WPCSRF) Program was established for water pollution control projects. The program provides at or below market interest rate loans to eligible Montana entities.
Examples of Eligible Water Quality Projects
- Wastewater treatment plant improvements
- Interceptors, collectors, and lift stations
- Lagoon construction & rehabilitation
- Engineering & project inspection
- Land used for disposal purposes
Non-Point Source Projects:
- Agricultural BMPs
- Urban storm water /construction runoff
- Animal feed operations (AFOs)
- Wetlands/Stream bank restoration
- Underground storage tanks
- Septic system removal or upgrade
Types of Financial Assistance
Types of assistance currently provided are: direct loans and purchase or refinancing of existing debt.
- Financial capability to properly operate the system and to repay the loan
- Loan secured by a Bond or Note
- Different bonding & security options exist (Revenue, general obligation, SID, RSID, tax increment)
- Revenue Bond requires debt service reserve and coverage of 110 percent
- Maintain financial records
The current interest rate is 2.5 percent with payment schedules not to exceed 30 years for certain projects.
The SRF loan programs are designed to provide a perpetual source of financial assistance to Montana communities.