Site Response Section
The SRS webpage has recently been updated. While the appearance may have changed all content remains available using one of the links to the left.
The Site Response Section’s mission is to:
Protect the public health and welfare of all Montana citizens and the state's environment from releases of hazardous or deleterious substances.
The Site Response Section's focus is:
- Facilitating the investigation and cleanup of hazardous substances that typically occur at sites with the following activities:
- Petroleum Refining
- Railroad Fueling and Maintenance
- Wood Treating
The Site Response Section's purpose is to:
- Protect human health and the environment
- Prevent exposure of human and ecological receptors to hazardous or deleterious substances released to:
- Sediment [or]
- Surface water
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations
These release sites are ranked based on potential risks to public health and the environment. Site investigation and cleanup activities focus primarily on sites which have a maximum or high priority rank.