EPA - To obtain any of the following EPA documents, call the EPA RCRA, Superfund, and EPCRA Hotline at 800 424-9346; TDD 800 553-7672 (hearing impaired); in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, 703 412-9810, TDD 703 412-3323.
- Evaluating Exposures to Toxic Air Pollutants:
A Citizen's Guide, EPA 450/3-90-023; March 1991
- This is an older publication but it does a nice job of explaining the process that regulators go through when evaluating public exposure to air pollutants.
- Air Emissions from Scrap Tire Combustion. EPA600-R-97-115. (pdf document)
- Project Summary: Characterization of Emissions from the Simulated Open Burning of Scrap Tires. EPA600-S2-89-054. 1990.
Project Summary: Pilot-Scale Evaluation of the Potential for Emissions of Hazardous Air Pollutants from Combustion of Tire-Derived Fuels. EPA600-SR-94-070. 1994.
California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB)
To obtain any of the following documents, call the CIWMB at (916) 341-6000 or write to CIWMB, 1001 I Street, PO Box 4025, Sacramento, CA 95812-4025
- For a full list of CIWMB's publications regarding tires, visit their publication website:
CIWMB's publications and choose Tires from the subject list on the left.
- Two publications you may want to look at include:
- Tires as a Fuel Supplement: Feasibility Study, 401-93-001; (Available free of charge in hard copy only.)
- Effects of Waste Tires, Waste Tire Facilities, and Waste Tire Projects on the Environment, 432-96-029; April 1996. (Downloadable version available.)