(40 CFR 261 and 262 incorporated by ARM 17.53
- Meet LDR
and TSDF standards if you
choose to treat your own waste.
- Ship hazardous waste to a permitted TSDF which has an EPA identification
- If self-transporting your own waste:
- Properly mark and label your containers for shipment;
- Placard vehicles transporting your waste in accordance with the Department of Transportation
(DOT) Regulation. (49 CFR 172 and 173)
- Prepare a “Uniform
Hazardous Waste Manifest” for hazardous waste being shipped. Many consulting firms or transporters
will prepare the form for you.
- Send, with the initial shipment of waste that is subject to LDRs, an
notice to the receiving treatment, storage, and disposal facility (TSDF) or recycler. You must send an additional LDR
notice if your waste or receiving facility changes. The notice must provide the
information about your waste such as: (40 CFR 268)
hazardous waste code,
- The LDR
- If exporting your hazardous waste out of the country you must follow the
export requirements in 40 CFR
262.50 or transfrontier
requirements in 40 CFR 262.80.
Note: As a generator you are responsible for all
shipping requirements of your hazardous waste.