The Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP) is a separate non-regulatory program within the Department of Environmental Quality. The mission of the SBEAP is to assist Montana businesses in understanding and complying with environmental regulations and to go beyond the regulations to prevent pollution and improve environmental quality.* In addition, SBEAP also:
- Advocates on behalf of small businesses
- Assists with communication between your small business and DEQ
- Offers permitting assistance
- Provides workshops and trainings
- Mails out informational and informative printings upon request
Assistance from the SBEAP is free, and imposes no obligation on Montana businesses.
*Business-specific information is held confidential from enforcement except in cases of imminent danger to human health and the environment. Small businesses are generally defined as independently owned and operated businesses with fewer than 100 employees that are not major sources of waste or emissions.
For more information or assistance, please contact John Podolinsky at 406-444-6592 or on the SBEAP toll-free hotline at: 800-433-8773