Planning to Purchase or Build a New Home in Montana?
Montana has a state-wide energy code that governs all new home construction.
Use the Energy Code Guide to help ensure your new home is comfortable, healthy, and energy code compliant. These codes are for the homeowner's protection. Talk with your builder and look for the blue Energy Code Compliance Label on the electrical panel of your recently completed new home.
What the energy code means for you:
- Energy Code Best Practices Guide - Includes best practices on: Residential Compliance Approaches, Unvented Attics, Air Barriers, Vapor Retarders, House Tightness Testing, Multifamily Building Tightness Testing, Heating and Cooling Calculations, Duct Tightness Testing, Mechanical Ventilation, Mechanical Ventilation Types, and Montana Energy Code Check List
- Energy Code Summary
- Local Government Code Programs
- Blower Door and/or Duct Tightness Test Professionals
- Energy Code Training
- Montana Residential Energy Code Handbook
- Energy Savers Guidebook
- Minnesota Home Energy Guide
- Montana Residential Code Field Study Report - April 2019
The Energy Code Compliance Newsletter offers best practices for code officials, builders, and people in the marketplace for new residential buildings in Montana.
Publication: Home Testing for Energy Efficiency using Blower Door and Thermal/Infrared Imaging
To read more about using a blower door and thermal/infrared imaging to improve home energy efficiency please click here.