Mission, Goals & Objectives for 2019 Biennium
The mission of Enforcement is to facilitate timely, consistent, and appropriate enforcement of the laws and regulations administered by DEQ.
Goals & Objectives
- Ensure that the public and the regulated community maintain compliance with Montana laws and regulations through effective enforcement.
- Investigate spills and citizen complaints that allege a violation of laws and regulations administered by DEQ to determine if a violation has occurred.
- Respond to citizen complaints and spill reports within 30 days of receipt and resolve within 90 days.
- Implement timely, consistent, and appropriate enforcement of laws and regulations administered by the Department.
- Issue administrative orders or file judicial complaints within 120 days of an approved enforcement request.
- Manage enforcement cases and monitor compliance with Department orders.